[nos-bbs] Pactor and JNOS

9A3LI 9a3li at hamradio.hr
Fri Sep 26 17:52:08 EDT 2008

Hello !
We need some help in config. JNOS with SCS-PTCIIpro modem.
Modem is with P3 licence too.

here is my "config" parameters:

in autoexec.nos:
#----------------------------------------------
# Attach a HFDD - SCS PTC-IIusb Pactor Modem
#
attach asy ttyS0 - hfdd ptcII 4096 256 38400
#attach asy ttyS0 - hfdd ptcII 4096 256 115200
#
ifconfig ptcII desc "hf - Pactor 9A1CRA"
#
#param ptcII Pactor 1
param ptcII 17 3
#
hfdd server ptcII start
ax25 bcport ptcII off
mbox mport ptcII off   <--?? OFF?
#---------------------------------------------

In ptcII.cfg :

#
# Please do not forget to change to your OWN callsign !!!
#
mycall 9a1cra
#
maxerr 30
pduplex 0
listen 1
maxtry 2
maxup 4
mode 2
mylevel 3
tones 4

remote 0
box 0 <--?? 0?

#
jhost1
#---------------------------

It cant "switch" to Pactor-3 at all.
Signals are 59+ and connection is in P2 mode.
Then connecton on ptcII port looks like :

> P/QUICC System - Maildrop QRV... (why that is here????? )
> [JNOS-2.0f3-B2FHIM$]
>
> You have 0 messages.
>
> Please type 'REGISTER' at the > prompt.
>
> Area: 9A5EX Current msg# 0.
> CFM,TCP,Q,?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z

All looks fine but there is 11 messages/emails in box for him.

Same user connected on "telnet" port:
login: 9a5ex
Password:
[JNOS-2.0f3-B2FHIM$]

You have 11 messages  -  11 new.

Please type 'REGISTER' at the > prompt.
Area: 9a5ex Current msg# 1.
CFM,TCP,Q,?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z

So, telnet vs HFDD(ptcII) 11:0
;)

Ports:
Available AX.25 Ports:
cfm    :  Link to 9A1CFM
Available HFDD Ports:
ptcII  :  hf - Pactor 9A1CRA

Manually connect to another HF station:
c ptcII 9a5ex
Area: 9a3li Current msg# 1.
CFM,TCP,Q,?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z

There is no trying .... no TXing too.

Manualy connect on AXIP port:

c cfm 9a1cfm
Trying...  The escape character is: CTRL-T
*** connected to 9A1CFM
CFM:9A1CFM>
Works just fine !!

So, that is "short" report, any idea what we doing wrong ?

73 !

Darko
9A3LI