[nos-bbs] Questions related to JNOS 2.0f

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ns.ac.yu
Thu Oct 23 17:18:01 EDT 2008

Hi Maiko and others,

After implementing the last patch, it looks like that my JNOS bbs
(callsign YT7M) finally started with proper resolving incoming messages'
From: and To: fields, which have been forwarded by neighboring FBB
system (callsign YT7MPB):

> ?,A,B,C,D,E,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,P,PI,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z >
> 246
> Message #246
> Date: 22 Oct 08 14:27:00 GMT
> From: cx2sa at cx2sa.lav.ury.sa		<---
> To: satdig at ww				<---
> Subject: AMSAT-BB-digest V3 546

> From: CX2SA at CX2SA.LAV.URY.SA		<---
> To  : SATDIG at WW			<---

But, if now the command SR is used to send a reply *and* such a reply is
forwarded back to the FBB system, there it reads like this:

> From        : YT7MPB
> To          : CX2SA at CX2SA.LAV.URY.SA
> Type/status : PN
> Date/time   : 23-Oct 22:50
> BID (MID)   : 797_YT7M
> Message #   : 3242
> Title       : Re: AMSAT-BB-digest V3 546

>>From yt7mpb at yt7m.ampr.org Thu Oct 23 22:47:52 2008
>>From: yt7mpb at yt7m.ampr.org
>              <42596_cx2sa at yt7mpb.bbs>

Actually, everything looks fine, excepting the last line of JNOS SMTP
header: <42596_cx2sa at yt7mpb.bbs>

I understand that 42596_cx2sa is the BID of the original bulletin that I
have replied to, but why that part of the header includes the callsign
of the last forwarding FBB (@yt7mpb) and that funny extension (.bbs) ?

I think something like that can only confuse the bulletin's author (the
recipient of my reply). Yes, I know that all those SMTP headers might be
deactivated from the view, but ...

Regards,

Misko YT7MPB