[nos-bbs] Questions related to JNOS 2.0f

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ns.ac.yu
Mon Oct 20 11:56:54 EDT 2008

Jay Nugent wrote:

>    POP does not use the /NOS/FTPUSERS file for its passwords.  It uses
> /POPUSERS.  The format of that file contains colons (:) like this:

Thank you, Jay. It works now: I missed to insert colons properly.

Btw, I could swear that I read somewhere that POP also needs entries
within FTPUSERS, but it doesn't matter now.

Also, for new POP users: I suppose they are initially allowed to use
SMTP per default (Eg. to send a mail to sysop), but for using POP server
(to get a reply) - they need to get an entry in POPUSERS file. Is that
the way for new users?

Best,

Misko YT7MPB