[nos-bbs] B2F (compression) success !!!

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sat Mar 29 11:47:04 EDT 2008

Gene wrote :

> If we don't pay attention to Winlink and Airmail ...

That's why we need to (at minimum) get B2F working, that way
those people that are stubborn enough (hi hi) to use NOS can
still be active participants in the more modern systems.

Very good point on Gene's part.

Another thing we need to get working is compressed forwarding
over telnet connections (telpac). The NOS telnet needs an option
to disable the check for IAC (0xff) bytes, which would then make
the telnet connect to a WL2K server truly transparent. I suspect
that the WinLink side does not process the IAC bytes, but clients
like NOS do, and that's why the telnet (telpac) from NOS to WL2K
probably can't be done in compressed mode.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM