[nos-bbs] B2F (compression) success !!!

Gene Mayler - K8EE mayler at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 28 20:10:13 EDT 2008

From: "Barry Siegfried" <k2mf at k2mf.ampr.org>

> Excellent observation, Maiko!  I have been asking myself this
> question for over a year now:  Given that this is the case, then
> what is all the hysteria about over Airmail?  Is this all because
> the ARRL has decided that this is what packet hams will use, and
> they *will* like it?

The reason I like it is that it is a simple "Outlook" look alike that
does packet radio mail.  Unfortunately, I can't get it to work.

If we don't pay attention to Winlink and Airmail there is a chance
that they will take over amateur packet radio completely and
leave the rest of out in the cold.  An ARRL  endorsement has
the power to make things happen, but not always.  Remember the
nationwide 220 MHz packet network.  Wonder what happened
to that.

73, Gene - K8EE