[nos-bbs] Jnos wont communicate

Mark Bone firefighterc536 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 17:55:01 EDT 2008

I am new to jnos and linux, but I am having a bear of a time trying to get jnos to
work properly.

Using the instructions and the exact same version of linux as found here

http://www.legitimate.org/iook/packet/jnos/linux-jnos-setup-11.htm

I can ping from linux to other computers in the network and also outside the
network, but once I start jnos using the command ./jnos -d /jnos, I cannot ping
anything in or outside the network when I am pinging from the jnos software.
Basically I am wanting to be able to connect to jnos and then telnet to other
systems or use the converse mode. I have an ampr.net address also.

Here is my autoexec.nos

log on
tcp mss 1460
tcp window 5840
tcp maxwait 30000
tcp retries 5
ip address 192.168.2.2
ax25 mycall kg9jz-3
ax25 alias CENBBS
ax25 bbs kg9jz-4
hostname kg9jz.ampr.org
attach tun tun0 1500 0
ifconfig tun0 ipaddress 192.168.2.2
ifconfig tun0 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig tun0 mtu 1500
pause 1
shell ifconfig tun0 192.168.1.130 pointtopoint 192.168.2.2 mtu 1500 up
pause 5
shell arp -s 192.168.2.2 00:b0:d0:77:2f:7d pub
pause 3
ifconfig encap ipaddress 44.73.212.6
ifconfig encap netmask 255.255.255.255
ifconfig encap broadcast 255.255.255.255
pause 5
attach asy ttys0 - ax25 vhf 4096 256 9600
ifconfig vhf description "vhf - 1200 baud port"
param vhf 2 256
param vhf 3 1
param vhf 5 1
param vhf txdelay 25
ax25 bctest "internet gateway"
ax25 bcinterval 1200
ax25 bc vhf
tcp timert linear
tcp irtt 5500
tcp mazw 9000
tcp bl 2
tcp ret 12
tcp mss 512
tcp win 2048
tcp syn on
ip ttl 225
ip rt 4
ip hp tun0 on
pause 1
arp eaves tun0 on
arp eaves rf on
arp eaves encap on
arp poll tun0 on
arp poll encap on
arp maxq 10
start ax25
start telnet
start smtp
start ttylink
start finger
domain suffix ampr.org
domain ret 2
domain maxw 60
domain add 192.168.1.1
domain cache clean on
domain cache wait 3300
domain upd on
domain verbose yes
domain dns on
domain ttl 500000
source /jnos/encap.txt
source /jnos/routes.lcl
the encap.txt is the same one copies off the webpage I listed above.
here is the routes.lcl
route add default tun0 192.168.1.1

I honestly dont know how to get this working. I tried other ways that I found online but I have no luck at all. Without seeing how it would work once the files were properly configured, I just dont know what is wrong.