[nos-bbs] Update - JNOS development(or lackthereof) and PK232...

Angela M1SCH/PE1BIV nos-bbs_mail at scholder.nl
Tue Jul 29 03:22:59 EDT 2008

Hi Mark and all,

> Yep, the little sticker on the front top right is the give-away. It's an
> upgraded PK232.
As I obviously couldn't open the unit before the auction, the sticker did
make it a calculated risk. Even as I did not have other plans with but play
with it some time.

> However, if it has firmware V7 installed then it will have Pactor. Issue
> the PACTOR command at the prompt and see what it does. You should notice
> the lights change configuration and the prompt will change slightly.
The firmware is indeed still an open question, though the answer might be on
the labels on the PROMs; PK232P E1802 HI, SN Z648 and PK-232MBX LO, E1801P.
As it are printed stickers, I would expect it to be the original ROMs
supplied with the upgrade kit. However, both are marked in a different way,
so might be different generations or someone not being consistent.
BTW, you can click on the photo for a full resolution photo.

Mine is currently in a closet; getting an antenna up outside is a much
higher priority and even finding my Borland C++3.1 floppies in one of the
moving boxes, so I can make a new JNOS compilation again, is.

Rgs, 73, Angela