[nos-bbs] Ubuntu Linux

Jerry and Michele Groeneveld gagroeneveld at cpinternet.com
Thu Jul 3 13:30:21 EDT 2008

I have been running DOS JNOS 1.11f for many years. I'm
learning Linux and have started the ax25, netrom, and FBB
programs. I would like to try the Linux JNOS 2.0 so I can
take advantage of the many features of JNOS. I'm running
Ubuntu 8 and I have the config.h from my DOS JNOS.

Anyone on the list that has tried the compile with Ubuntu 8?
What programs must be added to Ubuntu 8? Will my DOS
config.h work? Do I assume correctly that I must compile
JNOS 2.0 with Ubuntu 8 and cannot use a binary compiled with
another Linux?

If I can do the compile, is there some information on what
the file structure is in Linux. Where do the autoexec.nos,
help files, and mail files reside in relation to /etc or
other directories in Linux?

I hope I've asked the right questions. If not, I hope you
can help me get started.

Jerry, N0MR