[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0f for DOS !

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Jan 25 18:28:47 EST 2008

Hi Jay,

> And Michigan's AMPRnet (www.MI-DRG.org) can move forward ...

If I may however ...

JNOS 2.0f (even 2.0d) will have larger executable sizes then the
original JNOS 1.11f distribution. The questions some of you may want
to ask yourself in the DOS environment are these :

   What advantages does JNOS 2.0f have over the original JNOS 1.11f ?

   Is it *really* worth your while to move to JNOS 2.0f, even if it
   means less available memory ? I suppose I could try to see what
   combination of features in config.h will give the best available
   memory, but I don't know what combination of features people will
   want to configure in the config.h - it's too much work for me to
   guess - so I guess I won't be doing that (really, I won't).

   What I'm saying is that available memory will be a challenge !

> We all appreciate ...

My pleasure.

Maiko