[nos-bbs] New to packet, running linux, looking for some advice

Chris kc2rgw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:16:46 EST 2008

O.k. a couple more specific questions re: your autoexec.nos file.

Is this for JNOS2 or does it really matter between them much?

In this sequence

attach asy ttyS0 - pkiss hf 1024 256 9600
attach kiss hf 1 6m
attach kiss hf 2 2m
attach kiss hf 3 220

You have a single serial attached TNC in kiss mode and you are
creating aliases to share the single device?   So the ports are 1 for
6m 2 for 2m and so on?

How is the TNC actually connected to the radios, does it have that
many ports in it?  Am I being dense?

For the route statements with encap in them, you are essentially
NAT'ng when it goes out the 64.194.250.200 point right?  That being
your ISP IP too I'm assuming?  So the packets get encapsulated to that
point but actually show as originating from 250.200 on the 'outside' ?

And lastly, this is axIP gateway configuration right?  So you are
registering at the very bottom with N1URO so he is aware you are up
and an available destination.

If I got that right, that would mean that for me to reach you if there
isn't a direct RF path but I had one to N1URO, I could do a   c ni2o-4
v n1uro   and the path it would take is RF say to n1uro then via the
internet to your BBS?