[nos-bbs] Ubuntu 7.X and JNOS 2.0 - maybe not ...

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Fri Feb 22 11:50:47 EST 2008

I have been running ax25d on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (server edition) for
over a year with absolutely no problems.  I am using it with DX
Spider (cluster node) software.  It is a headless system and has
often run continuously for many months without requiring any
attention (the current uptime is 77 days and would have been much
more, but there was a power outage which lasted longer than my UPS
could handle).  The only time I force a reboot is when there is a
security update to the kernel.  I plan to upgrade to the next "long
term support" version when it comes out in a few months and expect it
to be at least as solid.

This is strange: The version of FBB available for Ubuntu 7.10 (the
current release) is 7.04j, but the current version on F6FBB's site
appears to be 7.03c (?)

73, Bob N7XY