[nos-bbs] Ubuntu 7.X and JNOS 2.0 - maybe not ...

Bob Tenty bobtenty at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 25 01:26:16 EST 2008

>There are underlying issues with the ax25 stack is my guess vs the
>system libs as I have intermittent issues there.  It's really bad if I
>up/down/up/down the ax25 layer on a single boot.  I'm too
>inexperienced to give exact details, but there was something 'weird'
>going on with ax25 vs my PK-88 in KISS mode.

I noticed that the tnc could be kicked out of  KISS during the boot process
at a remote gateway installation.
I resolved that by switching the tnc into kiss every time after a reboot to be
sure before the rest of the ax25 stuff in the following way.

#set ttyS0 to 19200 baud, put tnc into kiss & use hardware handshaking

stty 19200 < /dev/ttyS0
sleep 2
echo -e "\rkiss on\r" > /dev/ttyS0
sleep 2