[nos-bbs] Ubuntu 7.X and JNOS 2.0 - maybe not ...

Chris kc2rgw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:05:04 EST 2008

JNOS2 that I built on Ubuntu 7.10 seems fine.

The Ubuntu distribution supplied FBB is very buggy, crashes for me all
the time and freezes up the system nicely.  I haven't tried compiling
that from source yet as I don't really need FBB here.

URONode runs fine, compiled fine etc.  There may be issues with flexd
on Ubuntu as well, I forget what was determined there.  I got
sidetracked by the job and haven't been back at the packet in a couple
weeks.

There are underlying issues with the ax25 stack is my guess vs the
system libs as I have intermittent issues there.  It's really bad if I
up/down/up/down the ax25 layer on a single boot.  I'm too
inexperienced to give exact details, but there was something 'weird'
going on with ax25 vs my PK-88 in KISS mode.

If I bring up the system clean, bring up the ax25 stuff and leave it
alone, it's generally o.k. for me, but I haven't left it up for more
than 24hrs on packet duty so I don't have any long term experience to
share yet.