[nos-bbs] B2F (compression) success !!!

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 01:05:14 EDT 2008

>   wouldn't it simply
>  make more sense to just use standard protocols for Layer 7 and place
>  people who would be in such emergency communication positions that have
>  at least an advanced computer user skill-set in such positions at EOCs?

If only there were the advanced computer users available in our
hobby...   The standard user protocol concept is part of the
Winlink2k's plan.  Their funky B2F is used as a transport backhaul but
the main stations are set to use standard mail applications like
Outlook or Thunderbird -- which is what we can do with JNOS or Airmail
using the build in SMTP and POP servers...

Bill - WA7NWP