[nos-bbs] jnos as a daemon

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Fri Sep 28 00:14:30 EDT 2007

Have you tried typing "screen -x" and seeing what pops up? AFAIK it is
part of the base install on all systems.

I use it here via a script as pasted below. "screen -x" attaches to it
(make sure your terminal geometry is set to 80x24!!) and "ctrl-a d"
detaches from it (don't type "exit" as you'll kill JNOS).

Mark

/etc/rc2.d/S99jnos
-----------------------
# !/bin/bash

# kill off any stale lock files
rm -rf /usr/local/jnos2e0/spool/mqueue/*.lck

# now run the JNOS
/usr/bin/screen -dmS JNOS /usr/local/jnos2e0/screennos

exit 1

/usr/local/jnos2e0/screennos
#!/bin/bash
cd /usr/local/jnos2e0