[nos-bbs] jnos as a daemon

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri Sep 28 12:37:20 EDT 2007

Hi Mark.

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 00:14 -0400, Mark Phillips wrote:
> Have you tried typing "screen -x" and seeing what pops up?
Actually no.  What I did do prior to my former mail was to look for a
man page and found it not there (so I presumed "screen" was not
installed).
> AFAIK it is
> part of the base install on all systems.
HMMMM...  On my FC-7 the "screen" command is not found by bash in the
default path of either user (me) or root.  For my install it remains to
be seen if screen made it on to my system in some obscure location.

> I use it here via a script as pasted below. "screen -x" attaches to it
> (make sure your terminal geometry is set to 80x24!!) and "ctrl-a d"
> detaches from it (don't type "exit" as you'll kill JNOS).
>
> Mark
>
> /etc/rc2.d/S99jnos
> -----------------------
> # !/bin/bash
>
> # kill off any stale lock files
> rm -rf /usr/local/jnos2e0/spool/mqueue/*.lck
>
> # now run the JNOS
> /usr/bin/screen -dmS JNOS /usr/local/jnos2e0/screennos
>
> exit 1
> -----------------------------
>
> /usr/local/jnos2e0/screennos
> #!/bin/bash
> cd /usr/local/jnos2e0
> /usr/local/jnos2e0/jnos2e0 -g2

Now that is brief and to the point -- sweet.
After I find (?install?) screen your pattern will save me a bunch of
design effort for my site.
THANKS Mark!

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k