[nos-bbs] The 'NOS for WIN32' project ...

Barry Siegfried k2mf at k2mf.ampr.org
Thu Oct 4 15:26:55 EDT 2007

["Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm)" <maiko at pcs.mb.ca> wrote]:

> In any event, what I'm doing is a concept project, so any practical
> version of JNOS running in a WIN32 environment will take some time
> to materialize. I just wanted people to know that it was being
> considered. :-)

Angela mentioned the SwsVpkt method of running it which also happens
to work very well for me.  It's actually too bad that SwsVpkt driver
was "retired".

> > but I hope compiling JNOS 2.0 still works with Borland C++ 3.1.
>
> The last DOS version of JNOS 2.0 that I put out was 2.0d, and yes it
> has been compiled with the Borland C++ 3.0 and 3.1 compilers.

I believe that 3.1 is "technically" preferable to 3.0 because of some
bugs which existed in the 3.0 compiler that Borland fixed in 3.1.

> Is there any benefit to using JNOS 2.0 in DOS ?  Probably not.  Many
> people that are running DOS based JNOS 1.11f systems are probably
> doing fine, and there is really no benefit to going to JNOS 2.0 -
> unless they want to have the AXUDP and/or APRS features.

And maybe IPUDP too?  :)

73, de Barry, K2MF >>
          <|>      Barry Siegfried
| Internet | bgs at mfnos.net              |