[nos-bbs] The 'NOS for WIN32' project ...

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Oct 4 15:22:42 EDT 2007

Hi Angela,

> Would this work on W2000 Pro too ?

The Microsoft C++ Express I am using is 2005. The system requirements
page for that *product* shows Windows 2000 Professions SP4. So I'm sure
it will work fine.

In any event, what I'm doing is a concept project, so any practical
version of JNOS running in a WIN32 environment will take some time
to materialize. I just wanted people to know that it was being
considered :-)

> but I hope compiling JNOS 2.0 still works with Borland C++ 3.1.

The last DOS version of JNOS 2.0 that I put out was 2.0d, and yes it
has been compiled with the Borland C++ 3.0 and 3.1 compilers.

Is there any benefit to using JNOS 2.0 in DOS ? Probably not. Many people
that are running DOS based JNOS 1.11f systems are probably doing fine, and
there is really no benefit to going to JNOS 2.0 - unless they want to have
the AXUDP and/or APRS features.

Maiko