[nos-bbs] The 'NOS for WIN32' project ...

Glenn Thomas glennt at charter.net
Thu Oct 4 16:00:17 EDT 2007

Hi all.

An additional datapoint for Angela... I've built JNOS 11.1 with both
Borland 4.0 and 4.51 with no problems. I suspect they are simply
updated versions of BC++3.1 with an improved IDE (not used by the
JNOS build) and additional bug fixes. The main issue is that BCC++3.1
was the last version that included an assembler. I happen to have
purchased the 4.0/4.5 assembler from Borland and have no problems in
that arena.

As an aside, my initial JNOS build was with Borland C++2.0. Apart
from a minor syntactic problem with the assembler, it also worked.

I've not tried to build JNOS2.0 with the Borland 2.0/4.0/4.5 tools,
mainly for two reasons. One is that 11.1F is good enough for me (and
a few minor mods I've added). The other is that there is not a lot of
packet activity here in the wilds of northwestern Nevada, sadly there
has not been much use for JNOS.

73 de Glenn WB6W