[nos-bbs] The 'NOS for WIN32' project ...

Angela nos-bbs_mail at scholder.nl
Thu Oct 4 04:05:19 EDT 2007

Hi Maiko,

> Bye the way - I'm doing this on Windows XP.
Would this work on W2000 Pro too?

W2000 is my prefered Windooze platform and I have not yet seen any reason to
change to XP.
Though SP2 made XP Home a lot more secure on the Internet, the file sharing
implementation with virtually no security at all is a laugh.
XP Pro is indeed comparable to W2000 if it comes to security, but the 'we
know better' mentality build into XP just turns me off.
Vista? I'd rather go back to DOS.....

Basically, when times come that I no longer safely can use W2000, my main
platforn has to be one of the Linux variants.

Actually, I'm still running DOS!
DR-DOS 7.03 to be precise.
My webserver, as is my incoming SMTP server and the POP3 server (currently
combined in one machine), is still JNOS 1.11f as I did not get into
compiling a JNOS 2.0 system.
I did not get to have a look into this, but I hope compiling JNOS 2.0 still
works with Borland C++ 3.1.
I do have a 4.xx version (4.53 I think), but this was useless for compiling
1.11 and did go back to 3.1 as at that time was used by JD.

I have to re-install, but I have used JNOS 1.11f in a DOS Box with the
Software Systems Packet driver on W2000.

Rgs, Angela