[nos-bbs] Questions related to JNOS 1.11f

Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB) skoric at ptt.yu
Tue Mar 27 18:22:20 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I somehow managed to make some forwarding between my LinFBB comp and
80286 JNOS box. I have some questions related to setup of things:

- Seems that JNOS box is not capable to handle messages larger than say
10 kb. Ok, I put a line "T S 5" (smaller first, 5 kb max) into the FBB's
forwarding block, but it seems that even then there are several 10-15-20
or even larger messages waiting in the forwarding queue. Now it makes me
wonder if it is possible to configure JNOS to reject all that seems to
be larger than it can handle.

- How to switch off that nasty 'beep' in JNOS after any line of "New
mail for ...".

- It looks that JNOS welcomes all incoming mail regardless of their 'To'
fields, but it lists only those messages that exist within the 'areas'
file. Is it possible to configure it to self-adapt the 'areas' file
automatically with any new incoming mail?

- Finally (for now): Is it possible to change the JNOS's From field in a
way it looks more similar to FBB's From field? I mean, it seems odd to
look into all those <callsign>%<fbb_bbs_callsign>@<callsign>.ampr.org in
a situation when I only want to have an AX.25 JNOS mailbox which, in
turn, exchange packet bulletins with a single FBB system.

Regards,

Misko YT7MPB