[nos-bbs] ax25 default

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue Mar 27 20:04:38 EDT 2007

As a matter of detail Steven, the wiki shows "ax25 default" to be
deprecated.
And I admit some guessing about why it went away.

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 17:18 -0400, Steven Stimpson wrote:
>     Hello Folks.
>
> I see the 2.0 and possibly some 111F folks are reporting that
> ax25 default does not work. This was a command routinely used
> in the 1.10h and earlier releases...at least, that was the last time I
> needed to update my autoexec.nos
>
> I will follow the versions and try to find out where and when it was
> removed.

I used the [nos-bbs] reflector mail as the basis of editing the wiki.
Naturally as you point out I needed to leave the rev level "blank".

>  It also could have been only in the ka1nnn version,
> many of his excellent mods were never rolled into 111F for some
> reason.

This generates a question:
Is there a nos tree drawn anywhere?
You know, jnos1....begat jnos2....
Clearly some of the versions have withered and are no longer found.
It is just a history question starting back at nos.

> Skip, saw you on 40 this morning, but MI was
> just too far of a stretch that time of day. on 40 condx between here
> and thou
> should be optimum around 7:00 p.m. your time.

I'm tippy-toeing around as time permits, yup I tried 40m without
success.
In fact - I have no complete QSO under my belt in HF (bummer).
My "R" is working better than my "T" at this point.

> 73 list,
> Steven N1OHX

Thanks again for your help in the lower bands.

de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k