[nos-bbs] A question...

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri Mar 23 12:13:12 EDT 2007

As many of you know now, I am engaged in documenting jnos in a new form
- the wiki.
As I structure this I note some issues like the following.
This is probably flame fuel - but here goes.

For the BBS, the syntax is:
  CONNECT INTERFACE STATION DIGI
  CONNECT STATION

For the sysop, the syntax is:
  CONNECT INTERFACE STATION DIGI
  NETROM CONNECT STATION

OK - I left out a couple details, but by look / the interfaces are not
symmetrical.

Has anyone considered changing the sysop interface to support "connect
station" for net/rom?
Does anyone else see value in  using the same command structure on the
two interfaces?

This may be "much ado about nothing", yet I wonder if this contributes
to a smaller usership for jnos...

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k