[nos-bbs] Comm ports

Jerry and Michele Groeneveld gagroeneveld at cpinternet.com
Sun Mar 18 15:54:32 EDT 2007

I'm setting up a back up computer for the club DOS JNOS system. The new
computer is Windows XP that comes standard with COM1 and was ordered
special with a dual COMM port card that automatically configured as COM4
and COM5. JNOS runs just fine on COM1. But it does not work with COM4 or
COM5. COM4 and COM5 talk with the tncs in terminal mode using
HyperTerminal. COM2 is reserved and cannot be used. COM4 and COM5 use
shared interrupts. I have turned on the dtr and rts parameters in JNOS.
I have placed in the attach statements the interrupt and address of COM4
and COM5.

Does JNOS work with ports other than COM1 and COM2?

Are there JNOS parameters I should setup?

Thank you,

Jerry, N0MR