[nos-bbs] TNC reset

Jerry and Michele Groeneveld gagroeneveld at cpinternet.com
Tue Mar 13 20:22:20 EDT 2007

On rare occasions if a Kantronics tnc locks up on the jnos system, I use
the ALT 192, ALT 255, ALT 192 sequence to get the tnc back to terminal
mode and then int kiss to return to KISS mode. That is very easy at the
terminal. If I am accessing the node remotely via a working port, is
there a way to use the 'comm port instruction' command to send the hex
equivalent of the ALT codes, C0 FF C0 to get the tnc out of KISS mode
and back to terminal mode? I would then use 'comm port "int kiss"' to
get back to KISS mode. If this is possible, can someone tell me how to
format the 'comm port' line to send the ALT code or hex code reset
sequence. Would I use three separate lines of command maybe followed by
a reset?

Thank you,

Jerry, N0MR