[nos-bbs] FBB batch forwarding with compression on JNOS

Steven Stimpson steven2 at gwi.net
Sat Jan 13 08:49:43 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Phillips" <g7ltt at g7ltt.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 6:27 PM
Subject: [nos-bbs] FBB batch forwarding with compression on JNOS

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm having some severe grief trying to get a compressed FBB connection
> going between an MYSYS system and my JNOS2.0e setup.
>
> I have mbox fbb 2 set and the following in my forward.bbs file
>
> w8wjd 0721 P  # 30Mtr band closes down after dark
> ax25 hf w8wjd # HF link to W8WJD/SkipNet
> all           # give 'em everthing
>
> It seems that whichever direction the connection is initiated no
> compression occurs.
>
> Regular uncompressed batch forwarding works fine if a little too slowly.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

Hi Mark. I forward with w8wjd with an FBB system no probs.
I don't know the solution to your problem, but some additional
info is that MSYS uses the first version of compressed
forwarding, "BF" without hold resume or any of those features.
Jnos uses "B1F" compression by default. might want to check
into if jnos needs to be set to which type of fbb forwarding to use.

If you can hit w8wjd you may be able to hit me also.
I run fbb on 10.147 and am in Maine.

GL,
Steven-N1OHX