[nos-bbs] AXIP networking

Gene Mayler - K8EE mayler at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 8 17:21:27 EST 2007

Skip,

> and BPQ 25 times on five pages [and Xrouter not at all].  From these
> references I came away with the opinion that the subject was not
> developed to the point that I could configure my site for this interface
> unless I engaged in quite a bit of cut-and-try.  Of course you need to
> appreciate that I am a novice to the protocol.

It really isn't very difficult.  Here's the doc.

     Create a RFC1226 compatible AX.25 frame encapsulator for
transmission of AX.25 frames over the IP.  This command is used to
establish a point-to-point AX.25 'tunnel' between two systems.

        <iface>   will be the name of the new interface,
        <mtu>     is the maximum transmission unit for the interface,
        <ipaddress> is the address of the system on the other side of
        the 'tunnel,
        <callsign> is the optional AX.25 callsign this station is
        listening on for frames to digipeat. Note that if you want
        cross-tunnel digipeating to work, each attached axip interface
        should listen to a different callsign.  These should also be
        different from other callsigns used on this station.

 Here is what I have set up for Bill.

attach axip wa1 256 44.###.###.###  wa7nwp
netrom interface wa1 115 100
ifconfig wa1 ax25 maxframe 7
ifconfig wa1 desc "WA7NWP, Richmond, WA, USA"
ifconfig wa1 ipaddress 44.70.225.2
ifconfig wa1 linkaddress k8ee
ifconfig wa1 ax25 paclen 256

You must have axip defined.