[Fwd: [nos-bbs] The sysop LOOK command (bug?)] - replication

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 16 10:51:02 EDT 2007

More about the (bug?) thread I started last night...

This morning I attempted to replicate the bug(?) - without success.
Using multi-console feature I initiated a bbs telnet connect and did
some local commands.
The F4 sysop console reported the F5 bbs activity faithfully.

More about the failed session from the trace on the asy port:
The BBS user I LOOKed at last night was an AX.25-only session.
He used the ax.25 CONNECT via 2-meter VHF packet from a non-jnos system
plus one digi to access my site.
When I looked on, he was further connected to another jnos site in the
neighborhood forming a connect chain with my site in the middle.
AND while I watched he tried to extend the chain via a CONNECT thru a HF
packet port on the neighbor site.
There was no IP transaction in anything he did in the session with my
site.

The obvious differences are "port of access", "network protocol used",
and "where commands are executed".
In order to replicate last night will require some more time and LOOKing
on my part.
Jay reports being successful always / I have not / I don't know all the
variables involved.

Any suggestions on what specific attributes to further look for / or
pot-luck?