[nos-bbs] The sysop LOOK command (bug?)

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Sun Apr 15 22:01:31 EDT 2007

Good evening Jay,

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 21:36 -0400, Jay Nugent wrote:

> Greetings Skip,
>

>>SNIP<<

>    The LOOK command as far as I know is *NOT* used to send text to the
> user.  It is just that, a way to "look" at what the guy is doing.

I appreciate that he did not get text from me.
The point is that my keyboard produced the <LF> function and the screen
scrolled up...
I'm surprised my entry got to the display - but that is another
subject...

>>SNIP<<

>    Dunno what SHIFT+UP-ARROW does....  You'll have to fill me in on that
> one...

This comes from my wiki - my wiki comes from earlier documentation text
(jnos1.xx).
I'm glad to change the wiki when I find this stuff ==> as long as it is
the *intended* response from jnos.

> > Fourth I attempted to chat with the caller - he did not respond.  This
> > may be a non-issue - I list it as an FYI only.
>
>    How *exactly* did you try to "chat" with him???

One of the LOOK subcommands is /c (chat).  It seemed to work on my end -
his end was not jnos.
Again - read the wiki?

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k