[nos-bbs] route Jnos out

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 9 21:36:48 EDT 2007

Hi Maiko,

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 09:35 -0500, Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:

> Hi Ryan,

> I should really put together a FAQ on this one. Too many times I have
> seen this *issue* appear on the mailling list.

Today I looked thru the wiki to find why this was not already a treated
subject.
The ip_forward switch is mentioned but not documented thoroughly.
Route and arp are there - sorta.
So I started duplicating your FAQ work (ran into a hitch that prevented
completion).

> It's hard to answer this
> question if one does not know the structure of the network, the subnets
> used on the LAN verses the TUN between JNOS and linux, whether a firewall
> router is part of the equation or not, static or dynamic commercial ip
> address, etc, etc ..

The "basic" installation I have in mind is a host containing jnos on a
LAN with one Internet appliance.
The appliances will have both a bridge and firewall, and a couple
manufacturers as options.
I'm also going to see how far I can "push" a dynamic IP service from the
ISP.
Jnos will be assumed registered in the 44... net and have RF neighbors
and Internet tunnel.
I have collected some configuration options (variations), but could use
more.
Autoexec.nos text, system scripts, etc, will be in attachments so the
new user has some cut-and-paste stuff to download.

So this is a call for information on typical networks from anyone who
can also provide config data?
I don't have a DOS nor a Mac platform so I'm hurting for a test bed to
validate those samples.
For completeness those platforms need to be included?

Sorry it is not already a done-deal Ryan...

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k