[nos-bbs] route Jnos out

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Thu Apr 12 12:52:39 EDT 2007

As promised a couple days ago, I have a DRAFT for review Maiko and other
network pros...
I'm OK with the general structure, but I can not claim I have proof
tested the detail yet.
My jnos site works as documented, but I expect there might be a flaw in
documentation detail.

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 09:35 -0500, Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:

> Hi Ryan,

I have duplicated a portion of what lies below...

> I should really put together a FAQ on this one. Too many times I have
> seen this *issue* appear on the mailling list. It's hard to answer this
> question if one does not know the structure of the network, the subnets
> used on the LAN verses the TUN between JNOS and linux, whether a firewall
> router is part of the equation or not, static or dynamic commercial ip
> address, etc, etc ..

The first branch is in place - follow:
http://k8rra.no-ip.org/jnosd
HostConfiguration
  Network Topology
NetLanNode
StackIpForward
IpTunIp
network.ul.txt
with your clicker to see the first branch of the network connections.

What is missing?
The other common branches in the topology
Routing beyond the host stack (a seperate subject area in the wiki
called the WAN)
The list of (un)suitable bridges
The DOS equivalent configuration(s)
further detail and technical adjustments

I hope it is too late so solve the issue Misko is addressing in his
mail, but I also hope it serves for the next time.
>>>I welcome comments and corrections as you fine them.<<<
Maiko - if any of this fits your FAQ go ahead and cut-and-paste from the
wiki (correct spelling?)...

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k