[nos-bbs] Questions related to JNOS 1.11f

Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB) skoric at uns.ns.ac.yu
Fri Apr 6 10:14:08 EDT 2007

Barry Siegfried wrote:

> In the past, we have solved the problem of PBBSs and users having
> the same callsign by choosing another callsign entirely for the
> connecting PBBS, or the user, whichever is your preference, so that
> a separate entry may be put into the FTPusers file.

Ok Barry, I solved the problem of connecting the JNOS mailbox as a user
with just simple telnet connection to it from my Windows Hyper terminal
where I can enter the callsign with SSID. For the FBB access
(forwarding), I conclude that is the best, at the moment, to configure
ftpusers privileges for FBB to have no SSID. What about passwords? Now
it is just nothing ("*"). Is it possible from somebody who come from a
radio channel - to illegally use the same PBBS's callsign to enter JNOS
mailbox and to make a mess in forwarding queue?

For all: The next questions to answer:

1. How to enable 'register' for new users in 1.11f ?
2. Is it possible in 1.11f to 'carbon copy' what is going on at its
radio port channel, using the AXIP port, to the other computer running
BPQ32? I mean, to transfer monitored data from the frequency JNOS is
running on, via Ethernet, to the other computer(s) running Windows or
Linux (in order to see what is going on the packet qrg), but to avoid
installing BPQ or other additional software to JNOS machine.
3. Somewhere on the net I found a suggestion that all 'start <server>'
lines in autoexec.nos should be placed at the end of it. Is that correct?

Regards,

Misko YT7MPB