[nos-bbs] Torsten's offer of PTC brings up interesting point, KAM XL, etc ..

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Oct 18 22:13:20 EDT 2006

Hi Steven,

> Maiko, what frequency are you on 30 meters? I would need
> to know the freq for 1400/1600 tone pairs.

I use the LSB method I spoke of earlier. Ie, Take the QRG
and add the lower tone to get the Dial frequency in LSB.

That would make your dial frequency ROUGHLY 10.127 + 1.4,
which comes out to 10.128.4 dial LSB.

> Getting NOS to work with the PTC might take me some time

As it stands, I wouldn't try with the PTC right now. It does
not some work, it's been awhile since I worked with one, and
I've found alot of things that were wrong (corrected while
perfecting the DXP38 code).

> but i could configure airmail for b1f or b2f or even
> plain ascii and try some outgoing forwards.

Use B1F with JNOS pactor.

> I also have the ptc working with FBB using
> B1F, if you want a real stress test i could blast ya with
> 100 or so packet bulls :-)

Actually, that would be an awesome test ! I've forwarded
with FBB over pactor last year with mixed results. Now that
I have my DXP38 working like it's supposed to, it should work
great.

> I hope this isn't a waste of ur time as i haven't been following
> too closely on what you are testing at the moment :-(

Not much to waste, the system is always running, waiting for
people to connect, and forward.

Maiko