[nos-bbs] Another issue... "remote"

wa7nwp wa7nwp at jnos.org
Sat Oct 7 12:04:01 EDT 2006

>    Look at the "remote" command. Allows you to kick, exit, or reset a
> remote box.  You can also add or drop entries in the route table.  All
> done through UDP packets over the network.
>
>    Set the remote password with 'remote -s PASSWORD_STRING'
>
>    Reset the xNOS application from another xNOS box by issuing the command
> 'remote -k PASSWORD_STRING 44.x.y.z reset'

Thanks!  I'd forgotten all about that.  It'll do just what I want.  Even
more as I'm guessing it's a way to send messages to JNOS which we can
then program for just about anything..

>    Must have remote server compiled in on the xNOS machine being
> controlled.  And must have the remote client compiled in on the
> controlling xNOS.

Shouldn't be too hard to create a stand alone application for the Remote
client so we can use it in batch files or scripts.