[nos-bbs] SSID issue detail

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Wed Oct 4 10:56:37 EDT 2006

Greetings to all.

I have a new-found issue going on with station ID at the root.
My special situation is in configuring four portable workstations for
event and emergency deployment.
These are all held my the County of Ottawa with an FCC license to the
organization.
The planned strategy was to ID the stations with SSID series -10, -11,
-12, -13.

While an AX.25 connect is in effect and participating in a CONV session:
At the sysop console -
ax25 status shows ID of the type kc8lcp-11 and kc8clp-12 / appropriate
to the configurations.
converse /w shows ID of the type kc8lcp  kc8lcp / missing the SSID
detail thus unknown author.
The sysop header shows ID of the type ^kc8lcp ^kc8lcp / missing the
SSID.

I did not go deeper at the moment, I conclude a revision is needed if
our configuration is to be used in the intended manner.
Clearly the SSID is used at the most basic level but in some places it
is dropped.
I presume multiple SSIDs with one call was not a planned network
configuration during jnos design?

My question to this group is to ask for similar experiences.
Would the adjustment to jnos source code to accommodate a group License
be easier than instituting personal licenses at each station?
Another slick solution already in hand somewhere?

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k