[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0e kernel upgrade - bye bye setjmp/longjmp

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue Nov 28 19:27:50 EST 2006

Is it time to "party"?

Even though it seems like a pain in the $&^#, perhaps this is a
maturation milestone.
Is it now easier to incorporate library offerings into Jnos?
Is the structure cleaner and more easily expanded?

I wish there to be an equivalent to FTD Flowers to deliver his choice of
Moulson, Canadian Club, or even a good Cabernet to Maiko.

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 22:45 -0600, Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A note for the LINUX side of the JNOS project ...
>
> To accomodate the newer versions of GLIBC, I have created a JNOS
> kernel patch to deal with the *broken* setjmp/longjmp issues. I have
> run the patch for almost a month, and it seems to be stable for me
> anyways. It's now on the official JNOS 2.0 website :
>
>    http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2
>
> If you use this patch, and run into any problems that you believe
> might be related to it, please let me know.
>
> This is somewhat historic in that JNOS has used the setjmp / longjmp
> calls from day one, to manage it's process space. Due to the way the
> GLIBC is evolving, we can no longer reliably depend on these calls
> anymore. The easiest solution is to use the GLIBC context calls.
>
> Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k