[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0e kernel upgrade - bye bye setjmp/longjmp

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Mon Nov 27 23:45:24 EST 2006

Hi all,

A note for the LINUX side of the JNOS project ...

To accomodate the newer versions of GLIBC, I have created a JNOS
kernel patch to deal with the *broken* setjmp/longjmp issues. I have
run the patch for almost a month, and it seems to be stable for me
anyways. It's now on the official JNOS 2.0 website :

   http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2

If you use this patch, and run into any problems that you believe
might be related to it, please let me know.

This is somewhat historic in that JNOS has used the setjmp / longjmp
calls from day one, to manage it's process space. Due to the way the
GLIBC is evolving, we can no longer reliably depend on these calls
anymore. The easiest solution is to use the GLIBC context calls.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM