[nos-bbs] Microsoft Virtual Machine Network Driver

wa7nwp wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Nov 9 03:58:02 EST 2006

>> It might not be necessary to run *NOS in a Virtual PC to use the Virtual
>> Network Interface.
>>
>> Has anybody here checked out the Virtual Machine Network Driver?
>>

> I haven't.  I use SwsVpkt on my production machines and have configured
> several different VPCs (without NOS) for testing other things.  Have you
> tried the Virtual Machine Network Driver?  Does it offer any advantage
> over VPC?

I haven't had a chance to get back to any of that yet.  Hope to RSN
(real soon now.)

My impression so far is that the VMND is part of VPC.  It sounds exactly
like what we need to give NOS it's own network port without the issues
that come with SwsVpkt.   Just need some good computer time to test this
all out.  The lack of network access is what's holding back the latest
NOS projects.   It's always something.

73
Bill - WA7NWP