[nos-bbs] Xrouter mystery

Jack Taylor jack at n7oo.com
Fri Nov 10 19:56:30 EST 2006

AZGATE is running tnos 2.30.  Recently we established a forwarding partner to an Xrouter
system using axip linking.

The SysOp was pleased since he could netrom to AZGATE with no problem.  However users
on AZGATE were unable to make a direct connect to his system.  I am not able to make a
direct connect to him even though he could connect to AZGATE and then back to himself with
no delay.

I can connect to him from a different node, then connect to AZGATE and then connect back
to his system, no problemo.

The mystery here is why are users able to connect to AZGATE from an Xrouter and return
to the Xrouter, but not be able to connect direct to the Xrouter when originating from AZGATE?

Has anyone experienced this situation?

73 de Jack