[nos-bbs] Forwarding problem

Gene Mayler emayler at ohiohills.com
Sun Mar 26 15:20:20 EST 2006

Hi Guys,

I'm running jnos2.0c5 on a Red Hat 6.1 linux machine.  Messages
originated on the BBS end up with headers that appear to have imbedded
formatting characters when they are SMTPed to a mbox.  The text of the
message remains straight ascii text.  The headers are composed of a
series of mostly <character>backspace<same_character>.  There are also
some other non-printing characters.

When the message is in mqueue before it is SMTPed to the mbox there are
no formatting characters.  The extra characters are imbedded during
SMTP.  The message is perfectly readable from the jnos mbox, but jnos
crashes when an attempt is made to forward the message to another BBS.
Forwarding works fine for messages with no imbedded formatting
characters

How can I turn this header formatting off?  I have never had this
problem on the old DOS machine.

--
73, Gene - K8EE

 Internet: emayler at ohiohills.com