[nos-bbs] JNOS <-> WL2K forwarding over telpac connection - notes

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Mar 7 15:29:04 EST 2006

Bill wrote :

> A couple other twists on the equation to think about.

More to report, not necesarrily positive. I've got the connect
script working to the point where JNOS see's the WL2K prompt, and
sends it's SID to WL2K.

However, from that point on this *may* be a challenge ... I ran a
few tests, and the results were discouraging. Proposals not matched,
requests being ignored, commands seemlingly out of order, etc.

I know from my trials, that the FA proposal should not be used with
the WL2K software, only the FB proposal. At this stage, I think it's
reasonable to say that Telpac style forwarding between JNOS and WL2K
will NOT work with the latest release, so don't bother trying.

It needs work, more later.

> This should also give us telpac if we can handle the various
> transparent modes and CR/LF options.

That's what I'll have to figure out. The CR/LF options are not a
big deal now that I know about the CR only (like early XFBB).

Maiko