[nos-bbs] JNOS <-> WL2K forwarding over telpac connection - notes

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Tue Mar 7 14:39:17 EST 2006

maiko at pcs.mb.ca wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I've noticed that a few of you are trying to get JNOS to forward
> with WL2K nodes over a telpac connection.

A couple other twists on the equation to think about.  (I just the last
hour recompiled 2.0d to start playing with this...)

It should be close to having JNOS accept an incoming Telnet-client
forwarding session from Airmail.  Has anybody tried it?  I will when I
get JNOS running again.

I've recently been putting the Linux AXCONV tool to use to extend the
reach of DXClusers, CONVERS nodes and even an FBB BBS.  This is somewhat
of a super version of the wl2k telpac program.  Now I believe we have
the essential functionality hardcoded in NOS in several places.  C to
the BBS call does a "telnet" to the bbs.  Similar for TTYLINK and the
NOS version of converse.  I'm going to look at what it would take to
create a set of generic AX25-to-Telnet sessions.  For example, JNOS
could respond to the AX25 alias of STCONV and launch a telnet session to
  wetnet.net port 3600.  This should also give us telpac if we can
handle the various transparent modes and CR/LF options.

If that isn't enough fun - how about compiling JNOS on OpenEmbedded to
put it on the NSLU2?  Maybe we'll have it working here by Dayton!

73
Bill - WA7NWP