[nos-bbs] JNOS <-> WL2K forwarding over telpac connection - notes

Barry Siegfried k2mf at nnj.k2mf.ampr.org
Tue Mar 7 15:54:33 EST 2006

Hi, Maiko (et al)...

> It needs work, more later.
>
> > This should also give us telpac if we can handle the various
> > transparent modes and CR/LF options.
>
> That's what I'll have to figure out. The CR/LF options are not a
> big deal now that I know about the CR only (like early XFBB).

I don't know if this will help you, but back in the days when I
was a mere lad, there was a short thread on the old nos-bbs list
about the JNOS telnet dropping the first character of a line.  I
don't know much about "telpac" or what its EOL protocol is (I am
extrapolating by your discussion that it is a CR-only protocol),
but the following exchange might help you with ASCII-style socket
EOL translation which always seems to have been difficult to get
working under <all> circumstances.  If you would like, I can make
the algorithm and the code available to you which solved this EOL
translation problem in recvchar().

Here is the original short thread: