[nos-bbs] JNOS feature set

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Jun 23 20:52:30 EDT 2006

Skip wrote :

> How might I seize control of the page size issue in my use of jnos ?

For the BBS side, the user can use the XM command, part of the Expert
mode (X) command set, which is summarized below :

  Xpert Mode command and subcommands - 17Feb2006 / JNOS 2.0e

   X - toggle display of all or no commands at user prompt.

  XA [area] - toggle display of current area at user prompt.
  XG [route] - add encap route to current users gateway system.
  XM [# of lines] - set number of lines to display before pausing.
  XN [netromid] - toggle display of system netrom call at user prompt.
  XP - toggle linemode on or off.
  XR [reply to address] - set and use a 'reply-to' address in mail header.

If I want to have a *more* prompt every 10 lines, then I would enter :

 Area: ve4klm (#1) >
 XM 10

If I want to shut off paging all together, then I would enter :

 Area: ve4klm (#1) >
 XM 0

I don't believe there is an equivalent on the console. I think
that on the console, the default is 24 lines. Quite honestly, in
all the years I've never thought about it on the console side.

Hope that helps.

Maiko