[nos-bbs] JNOS feature set

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri Jun 23 23:52:01 EDT 2006

Thanks you so much Maiko,
this query demonstrates two things:

First - even after reading the manual the XM did not make enough impact
on me that I remembered it.
As a corollary - I did not hit on the correct words to make search
effective in finding it in the manual.
A person on the net did lead me to it when I did need it...
This does little for my sense of self-sufficiency.

Second - XM doesn't work as advertised...
XM was set at 20 by default - I changed it a few times and XM faithfully
reports (lists) the change.
I can duplicate the failure with the Jheard command - it pages off the
top no matter what XM is set at.
I believe (if we trust my memory) the pagination works on your system
when I did a Jheard there on KLM via telnet.
Is it the air in Canada that makes the difference?  The water?
There must be another switch somewhere...

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 19:52 -0500, maiko at pcs.mb.ca wrote:

>   XM [# of lines] - set number of lines to display before pausing.

73
de Skip k8rra k