[nos-bbs] JNOS feature set

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri Jun 23 11:39:29 EDT 2006

Maiko, and others, I wonder what your play is on this issue:

Presently I'm using jnos2.0d here and jnos2.0a remotely.
I'm encountering various results I have not really sorted out yet to
make into a bug or improvement statement.

The issue is pagination for a 24 (or 21 with top-of-display for status)
line display in terminal mode.
Some output spools quickly off the top of the screen (one day of Jheard
data for example).
Some results are paginated in a manner of "more" the UNIX tool.
Some terminals permit back-scrolling.
There are many variations on this subject - there seems to be no unified
approach.

I don't find pagination as a subject in documentation for jnos - I may
have missed it pretty easily.
I will deal with it in the document I'm doing - in what ever form it is.

Do you have output stream control mechanisms in your to-do list
anywhere?
How might I seize control of the page size issue in my use of jnos?

73
de Skip k8rra k