[nos-bbs] "Munge" script for ENCAP.TXT

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Fri Feb 10 07:44:05 EST 2006

The "munge" script can be found in the Linux AX25-HOWTO
<http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/AX25-HOWTO/index.html>.  This document
covers using this script with a Linux Node setup rather than with
*NOS, so you will have to route things from JNOS to the Linux first
(the JNOS documentation should be helpful in understanding what is
needed).  I have seen installations doing what you described, but
have never run across any detailed documentation (it would be a great
addition to the JNOS docs).

If the user has separate (AMPR and non-AMPR) IP addresses for the
Linux side, encap can be handled in the same manner as with MS-DOS as
is described in the JNOS docs.  In my experience (several years ago),
running JNOS in this way under Linux was faster and more stable than
under DOS on the same hardware (64 MHz i486).

73,
Bob, N7XY