[nos-bbs] Missing something - 44 net

Barry Siegfried nosbbs at nnj.k2mf.ampr.org
Thu Aug 17 18:49:30 EDT 2006

[wa7nwp at jnos.org wrote]:

> Picking up on part of an older message.
>
> > [wa7nwp at jnos wrote]:
> >
> > > or 2 I could implement the dynamic dns tools from Sourceforge and have
> > > a full automatic implementation (ala no-ip.com) of my own.
> >
> > Also, in about one minute, you could have all of your 44-net frames
> > rerouted to your new Internet gateway (*NOS, linux, etc.) IP address
> > using DGipip and a reliable hosting gateway.
>
> I'd like to give this a try.  What do I do?   Are there instructions
> online?  Any scheme for alternate backup hosting gateways with shared
> authentication info?

This code was originally developed for a NOS platform and then
subsequently ported to Linux by Terry Dawson, VK2KTJ.  In Linux
it is called DGipip.  You need to run it on whichever machine
will be multi-homed (connected to both the internet and the
amprnet).  I will presume that your multihomed machine will
be Linux.  If that's the case, read about DGipip and when you're
ready to have a hosting gateway pick up your block(s), contact
me offline.

73, de Barry, K2MF >>
          <|>      Barry Siegfried
| Internet | bgs at mfnos.net              |