[nos-bbs] reply to skip

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri Aug 11 14:20:15 EDT 2006

Hmmm George,

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 08:59 -0700, George Pugh wrote:

> Hi Skip:
>
> I just wanted to put my 1 cent in on your question.  I
> agree with the other gentleman who pointed out the
> slottime parameter in Jnos Autoexec.nos file.  With
> you TNC in the "Kiss" mode, this file is doing pretty
> much setting any controlling that goes on, the TNC is
> the slave.  Slottime is for sure one place to look,
> another is at the AX.25 T2 parameter.  If you were
> having trouble with retransmission collisions, I would
> have suggested the Ax25 backoff limit.  Jnos help
> files really help in setting the proper values, by
> typing help param or help ax25 T2.  Hopefully this
> helps.

For me, sorting out jnos Ts and TNC Ts with shared processing and
various switches modifying response going on is a challenge.
Your penny fits well.
My present thought is that reducing this exercise to a (series of?)
event picture(s) on a time scale would make it easier for me to sort out
my best settings for all parameters.
The time scale or timer formulas need to be baud sensitive of course.

Then I consider the investment in making such a presentation...
This is where your second cent might fit well.

> George
> N5YGW-
> Oceangate2110 at yahoo.com

de Skip k8rra k