[nos-bbs] Initial installer results - pretty good...

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Nov 18 13:11:34 EST 2005

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in responding to everyone ... just
recovering from a very bad flu ...

George wrote :

> the version reported is "2.0c5b" - I expected to see "2.0d"...

Guess I should update the installer. Just take one of the precompiled
binaries in the same section from the download page and replace it.

> For me, the workaround is "# reset" to reinit the session.

I rarely see a crash that messes up the screen. Usually, it's trace
data that is not printable that does that.

> I suspect the crash is caused by a "first time thru the routine"

Interesting, and noted. I'll try and reproduce this on my test system.

Maiko